Sunday, June 15, 2014

Confession of A Reluctant Teenager


                                                        6/15/14
Hi I'm Stella and I'm one of the cofounders on this blog. I'm going to be concentrating more on writing about  regular teenage life rather than talking 
about fashion, which is more Leanne's department.  What I have to say may not be anything revolutionary,but very relatable. I want to explain to you and to all the peers of this website what it actually means to be a teenager. None of that cheesy stuff but more of what you don't understand; or don't remember because you "become an adult". I don't want us to play the victim or don't want to make us seem feel sorry for ourselves but I do want to make it clear that most of the time where MISUNDERSTOOD  or looked upon as immature when actually we're just going through the pre-phases of dealing with things because we haven't yet developed other ways to comprehend the problems or issues that come upon us. I I capitalized the word misunderstood because many of the times we are; or we see ourselves in that way. However a lot of the time it's not just us that are misunderstood, we may misunderstand adults. The more I  think about it, it's just a big thing of miscommunication, between what seems like a line that divides adults and teenagers when actually the only thing segregating us into categories is all a matter of age. Although I do agree that adults may have more experiences which make them possibly more "educated in life", that isn't always the case. This is a new generation and we are very educated and have learned the mistakes of our previous generation; we've heard stories, seen movies, and read books! So we also deserve to have the chance of proving new discoveries, or even experiencing these "oh so daring" experiences, even though they may seem stupid or immature because the "mature adults" have already done it! My main point is that we shouldn't be contradicted always for every little thing we do that isn't considered responsible or cultivated by the almighty opinions of our peers! So please remember peers, there's a fine line between grown ups and adolescences. And for the record it's not all that bad being a teenager we get to experience things first hand which is an important part of self teaching ourselves boundaries and what's right and wrong for future reference. Children, teenagers; they do need guidance at times, but all the same they should be trusted to make certain decisions on their own and they shouldn't be degraded to stereo typical labels like irresponsible, immature, dumb ,or stupid teenager unless there is an absolute justified reason! This just irritates me so much because we are often labeled this without actually seeing the full picture or without analyzing it from different perspectives. Please everyone be sure to reevaluate yourselves before commenting this with no regard of what you're actually talking to you or what you're talking about.
Leanne and I in the most magical bathroom at one of our spots.
 Leanne's Outfit:
Pink long sleeve - Urban outfitters 
Dark blue jeans- Gap
. While I'm wearing all thrifted clothes, pink striped top (which I cut myself) and men's Levi "mom jeans". Both items I'm wearing were found at Goodwill 
                       
                                              leanne being angsty
- Ginseng Girl (Stella
)

No comments:

Post a Comment